Nifty Natural Facial Oils and Elixirs Worth Trying
Oils are all the rage right now as more and more people are experiencing skin issues, especially from wearing face masks, and are looking for a natural solution that will help repair, nourish and hydrate dry and dehydrated skin, soothe redness and irritation and treat acne breakouts. Can facial oils actually help with all that, you ask? You bet!
I'll admit, I also struggle with my skin from time to time and have definitely experienced some unpleasant skin issues from wearing face masks all day long, not to mention the effects of chronic stress (which I'm sure we're all feeling these days).
The amazing thing about oils is that they are so multipurpose. For example, you could use an oil as a cleanser, serum and moisturizer. I know a lot of people shy away from using oils for the reason that they think oils will clog their pores or make them break out. However, the truth is that oils should be doing the opposite, if you're using them correctly and find the right one for your skin type (more on that here).
What I mean by that, is that not all oils are created equally. They are all extracted from different sources and have different consistencies, ratios of omegas (trust me, this makes a difference) and have different benefits such as wound healing, scar reduction, pore decongestion and even UV ray absorption!
The trick to using them correctly is to ensure that the skin is cleansed properly (see how to cleanse with an oil) and deciding whether or not using other products with your oil is right for your skin, such as the addition of a moisturizer or serum depending on your skin's needs.
Facial oils/elixirs are fantastic as they typically incorporate a blend of different oils with added nutrients like antioxidants to give your skin optimal nourishment.
Here is a list of some amazing facial oils definitely worth trying (pictured below):
1. Routine Woke Glow - helps restore the skin's youthful glow, improves elasticity, regenerates and can help clear up breakout-prone skin. Containing a superstar mixture of ingredients like jojoba, rosehip, argan, sea buckthorn oils with a blend of myrrh, bergamot, frankincense & rosemary essential oils to give this oil a light, crisp yet grounding fragrance.
2. Eminence Organics Facial Recovery Oil -This luxuriously ultra-hydrating oil is the perfect solution for replenishing moisture, helping to tone aging skin, soothe sensitive skin and helps treat and heal breakouts. Contains a wonderful blend of clary sage, olive oil, sage leaf extract, ylang ylang with a dash of tea tree oil!
3. Antipodes Divine Face Oil -Boasting a rich profile of oils such as avocado, jojoba, macadamia, rosehip and sunflower with a nice light scent of jasmine and sweet orange, this oil is truly a divine treat for the skin!
4. Ellie Bianca's 'Naked' All Natural Hydrating Facial Oil -A beautiful concoction of ingredients helping to deeply nourish and hydrate the skin. This contains an impressive assortment of oils such as shea, sweet almond, jojoba, safflower, argan, evening primrose, borage and rosehip and that's not even naming all of them!
5. LOA Botanical Beauty Elixir - formulated to help treat inflammatory skin conditions such as acne, eczema, dermatitis and other types of compromised skin conditions, thanks to the high content of linoleic acid found in this gem beauty elixir! This one of a kind facial oil helps to brighten, nourish, hydrate and soothe the skin. Truly worth every penny!
6. Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil -This powerful, superfood-dense facial oil is one to keep on your list of must-haves! It's chocked full of berries, broccoli extract and nourishing oils to help repair and prevent skin damage, while boosting your skin's natural glow!
(Facial oils pictured above are in order of list)
Peace. Love. Glow.